Garlic bread, fresh, thick slices of crunchy, soft bread with a generous amount of garlic butter spread on them, then oven-baked and broiled to give you perfectly homemade garlic bread to savour.
So easy to make and takes less than 15 minutes, with a handful of ingredients.
Serve as a quick appetizer or as a side dish to your main. This garlic bread can be a quick snack even the kids can put together for movie nights.
What to serve with garlic bread.
- Here are some pasta dishes you can serve with garlic bread on the side.
- You can serve with any baked chicken or meat dishes.
- baked lemon chicken.
- teriyaki marinade baked chicken.
- air fryer chicken drumsticks
- air fryer chicken leg quarters
- Make these garlic bread into loaded sandwiches.
- here are a few fillings you can try. make sure to add a few condiments to extra crunch and taste.
- devilled chilli chicken stir-fry(Sri Lankan).
- Sri Lankan spicy devilled beef stir-fry.
- Easy Sweet and sour meatballs
- sweet and sour chicken.
- Teriyaki chicken with pepper and onion.
- beef teriyaki stir-fry(quick and easy recipe)
Best tips for homemade garlic bread.
- You can make garlic bread with any variety of bread, even your regular sandwich bread. But for best results use french bread(baguette) or thick Italian rustic bread.
- Remove the butter to reach room temperature to ease the mixing of the garlic butter spread.
- The amount of garlic can be increased or reduced to adapt to how much of the pungent flavour you want to add to your bread.
- Once baked, broil the bread for extra crisp and golden edges.
- Make garlic bread ahead of time- once you have the garlic butter spread, bring the two pieces of the halved garlic bread together. Wrap in foil and refrigerate. 1 hour before serving time remove them from the fridge and let them reach room temperature. Spread the bread open on a baking sheet, add extra garlic spread and bake as instructed in the recipe.
Utensils and appliances needed
Serrated bread knife
More bread recipes.
More recipes with garlic.
How to make garlic bread
The ingredients mentioned below use standard measuring cups and spoons.
French bread(baguette) or any type of rustic Italian bread.
Ingredients to make the garlic butter spread
1 cup of salted butter(if using unsalted butter, season with salt)
3 cloves of garlic minced fine(1 more for a stronger garlic flavour)
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
Making the garlic butter spread
Let the butter reach room temperature.
Add, butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley to a bowl, and combine until you have a smooth spread.
Taste and season with salt or extra minced garlic for a stronger taste to come through.
Cut the baguette in two and lay them open on a baking sheet.
Spread the garlic butter generously.
Preheat the oven to 170C.
Place the bread on a baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes and then broil/grill for 3 minutes. If you are adding parmesan cheese, add it just before you broil/grill them.
Remove from the oven, let the garlic bread rest for 60 minutes and then slice them into smaller pieces.
- 1 French bread(baguette) or any type of rustic Italian bread.
- Ingredients to make the garlic butter spread
- 1/2 a cup of salted butter(if using unsalted butter, season with salt)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced fine(1 more for a stronger garlic flavour)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese(optional)
Making the garlic butter spread
- Let the butter reach room temperature.
- Add, butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley to a bowl, and combine until you have a smooth spread.
- Taste and season with salt or extra minced garlic for a stronger taste to come through.
- Cut the baguette in two and lay them open on a baking sheet.
- Spread the garlic butter generously.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then broil/grill for 3 minutes. If you are adding parmesan cheese, add it just before you broil/grill them.
- Remove from the oven, let the garlic bread rest for 60 minutes and then slice them into smaller pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Duralex LYS Mixing Bowl Set, 10 Piece, clear
Pyrex Prepware 1-1/2-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl
KIZEN Digital Meat Thermometer with Probe - Waterproof, Kitchen Instant Read Food Thermometer for Cooking, Baking, Liquids, Candy, Grilling BBQ & Air Fryer - Black/White
Fullstar 9-in-1 Deluxe Vegetable Chopper Kitchen Gifts | Onion Chopper & Dicer | Peeler, Spiralizer, Zoodle Maker, Lemon Squeezer, Egg Slicer & Seperator- Ultimate Kitchen Gadget
Mueller HyperGrind Precision Electric Spice/Coffee Grinder Mill with Large Grinding Capacity and HD Motor also for Spices, Herbs, Nuts, Grains, White
Spice Container - Masala Dabba - 7 Compartments, masala box,steel masala dabba,Spice container box,stainless steel spice box indian masala dabba with 7 spice containers with size 8 X 8 inches (1)
Bamboo Cutting Board Set with Juice Groove (3 Pieces) - Wood Cutting Boards for Kitchen, Wood Cutting Board Set, Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables
OXO Good Grips Etched Ginger & Garlic Grater, Green,us:one size
Kitchen Shears, iBayam Kitchen Scissors Heavy Duty Meat Scissors Poultry Shears, Dishwasher Safe Food Cooking Scissors All Purpose Stainless Steel Utility Scissors, 2-Pack (Black Red, Black Gray)
Chef Knife PAUDIN N1 8 inch Kitchen Knife, German High Carbon Stainless Steel Sharp Knife, Professional Meat Knife with Ergonomic Handle and Gift Box for Family & Restaurant
Humbee Chef Serrated Bread Knife For Home Kitchens Bread Knife 10 Inch Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
JOIN ME ON ISLANDSMILE YOUTUBE CHANNEL
LOVE SEAFOOD? COME JOIN ME ON MY NEW SEAFOOD BLOG
With you in mind, each recipe on this blog has been written with great care and love to the best of my ability.
It’s free and on the blog, for you to try anytime.
All I ask is that you do not save it on any apps, recipe boxes, or online groups which will affect me as a food blogger and the growth of this blog.
I would appreciate it if you only shared the link rather than the full recipe.
All images and text on this website are protected by copyright.