Easy peanut noodles, make the peanut sauce and toss with your preferred noodles or pasta and serve within 25 minutes.
If you need a quick-to-serve meal from your stovetop to your table then you need to try this fantastic peanut butter noodle recipe.
What to serve with easy peanut noodles.
I like to add some peanut chicken stir fry for extra crunch.
- Serve with some garlic bread, garlic toast or cheese bread sticks.
- You can add an extra layer of chicken or beef stir-fries. here are a few.
- Teriyaki chicken with pepper and onion.
- Devilled Thai cashew chicken stir-fry(easy skillet dish).
- devilled chilli chicken stir-fry(Sri Lankan).
- chilli chicken dry(Indo-Chinese recipe)
- chilli paneer(Indo Chinese recipe).
- beef teriyaki stir-fry(quick and easy recipe)
- Beef and green beans stir-fry.
- Kankun(kang kong), soy, garlic Beef stir-fry.
Best tips to make peanut butter noodles recipe.
Use a thicker noodle/pasta for better absorption of the sauce and ease of mixing thoroughly.
Cook the noodle or pasta to the correct consistency, not overcooked or undercooked but to the correct consistency. this could mean a few minutes less than the package’s recommended time.
The peanut sauce is what gives the dish its flavour, the recommended quantity gives you enough peanut butter sauce to coat the recommended amount of pasta or noodle.
If you add more pasta/noodles the quantity of sauce would not be enough and the peanut noodles will turn quite bland. keep this in mind and use the exact amount or double the peanut sauce to use as needed.
Frequently asked questions: Peanut noodles
- Can I make this peanut noodle recipe ahead of time?
- I would suggest making the peanut sauce ahead of time.
- An hour before the serving time, cook the noodles/pasta and toss both together.
- Can I add veggies to the peanut noodles?
- Yes, stir fry some bell peppers, spinach, thinly sliced carrots, and cucumber can be added to this noodle dish.
- What would be the best substitute for peanut butter?
- Substitute with any of the other nut butter available to you. cashews, almonds, and hazelnut are a few you can try.
Utensils and appliances needed
Chopping board and knife.
Heavy bottomed pan to cook the pasta/noodle in.
Large bowl to strain the pasta/noodle into.
Large frying pan or wok to make the peanut noodles.
Storing- leftovers can be refrigerated and consumed within 48 hours.
Reheating- use a few tablespoons of water and warm the peanut noodles over a stovetop.
More noodle and pasta recipes.
RECIPE DIFFICULTY- EASY
How to make peanut butter noodles
The ingredients mentioned below use standard measuring cups and spoons.
300g of fettuccine pasta or thick noodles that can absorb the flavours
Ingredients for the peanut sauce.
1/2 a cup of peanut butter(crunchy or smooth, this will give you extra peanut sauce to use as needed)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
4 tablespoons of sugar/honey
1 tablespoon of red chilli flakes
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
2 tablespoons of rice vinegar(substitute with any mild white vinegar)
1/3 cup water
Chopped green scallions(optional)
Cook as per instruction of the noodle or fettuccine package. Drain and set aside.
Avoid leaving the drained noodles for long as they will take on a dry texture.
Making the peanut sauce for the noodle.
Add peanut butter, soy sauce, red chilli flakes, minced ginger and garlic, water, sugar or honey into a bowl.
Stir until you have a smooth paste. taste and make necessary adjustments with salt, spiciness, extra peanut butter etc.
Add sauce to a large frying pan or wok that can accommodate the noodle/pasta.
Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes just until slightly thick.
Add the cooked noodle/pasta. toss with the peanut sauce until well coated.
Make sure to do this for at least 2 minutes.
Do a final taste test and make the necessary adjustments.
Add your favourite chicken or beef stir-fry on top(I’ve given a few ideas above).
Garnish with crushed peanuts and chopped scallions and serve while slightly warm.
JOIN ME ON ISLANDSMILE YOUTUBE CHANNEL
LOVE SEAFOOD? COME JOIN ME ON MY NEW SEAFOOD BLOG
- 300g of fettuccine pasta or thick noodles that can absorb the flavors.
- Ingredients for the peanut sauce.
- 1/2 a cup of peanut butter(crunchy or smooth, this will give you extra peanut sauce to use as needed).
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons of sugar/honey
- 1 tablespoon of red chilli flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar(substitute with any mild white vinegar).
- 1/3 cup water
- Crushed peanuts(optional)
- Chopped green scallions(optional)
- Cook as per instruction of the noodle or fettuccine package. Drain and set aside.
- Avoid leaving the drained noodles for long as they will take on a dry texture.
Making the peanut sauce for the noodle.
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce, red chilli flakes, minced ginger and garlic, water, sugar or honey into a bowl.
- Stir until you have a smooth paste. taste and make necessary adjustments with salt, spiciness, extra peanut butter etc.
- Add sauce to a large frying pan or wok that can accommodate the noodle/pasta.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes just until slightly thick.
- Add the cooked noodle/pasta. toss with the peanut sauce until well coated.
- Make sure to do this for at least 2 minutes.
- Do a final taste test and make the necessary adjustments.
- Add your favorite chicken or beef stir-fry on top(I’ve given a few ideas above).
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and chopped scallions and serve while slightly warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hakubaku Organic Udon Wheat Noodle (1 x 9.5 OZ)
Barilla Fettuccine - 16 oz ( Package of 6 -1lb boxes)
SKIPPY Creamy Peanut Butter, 16.3 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Bamboo Cutting Board Set with Juice Groove (3 Pieces) - Wood Cutting Boards for Kitchen, Wood Cutting Board Set, Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables
Chef Knife PAUDIN N1 8 inch Kitchen Knife, German High Carbon Stainless Steel Sharp Knife, Professional Meat Knife with Ergonomic Handle and Gift Box for Family & Restaurant
WObell Meat Thermometer for Kitchen Cooking Digital Instant Read Food Thermometer for Candy Oil Deep Frying Baking Outdoor Cooking Grilling BBQ Smoker Thermometer with Backlight and Magnet
Cooks Standard 02591 Flat Bottom with Lid 11-Inch Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok Stir Fry Pan, Black
OXO Good Grips Etched Ginger & Garlic Grater, Green,us:one size
Fullstar 9-in-1 Deluxe Vegetable Chopper Kitchen Gifts | Onion Chopper & Dicer | Peeler, Spiralizer, Zoodle Maker, Lemon Squeezer, Egg Slicer & Seperator- Ultimate Kitchen Gadget
Bialetti - 7265 Bialetti Oval 5.5 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid, Nonstick, 1, Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 679mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 5gSugar: 21gProtein: 16g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
With you in mind, each recipe on this blog has been written with great care and love to the best of my ability.
It’s free and on the blog, for you to try anytime.
All I ask is that you do not save it on any apps, recipe boxes, or online groups which will affect me as a food blogger and the growth of this blog.
I would appreciate it if you only shared the link rather than the full recipe.