Chocolate, chocolate Breakfast muffins.
Airy and a chocolate lover’s dream of what Breakfast should look like.
Dark, moist and oozing with your favorite ingredient, this double chocolate muffin is too good to resist.
Make the best chocolate muffins for your family and make them as a weekend treat to enjoy!
A double dose of chocolate goes into these homemade chocolate muffins.
It helps to give these basic chocolate muffins turn into fudgy, decadent breakfast for kids and adults alike.
Make a few extra or you might have to make another batch on the same day.
Light and moist with twice the flavor of chocolate coming through you are going to love these muffins.
To get the deep flavors of chocolate into these moist muffins we are using cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
And they are healthy too, well as healthy as a rich chocolate muffin could get.
Well, we are using brown sugar and oil instead of butter to make these muffins.
Save the recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!
Before moving on to today’s chocolate muffins made with cocoa powder.
Let’s do a rerun of the Breakfast recipes we’ve done so far, if you’ve missed any of them, just click on the names below to get to the recipe.
Here we go then,
2. Kiribath– milk rice that can feed a crowd.
3. Roti Jala, a Malaysian snack that is a good breakfast option as well.
4. cheese stuffed french toasts– Oh my! the name says it all and they disappeared in seconds.
5. chocolate chip muffins– everyone’s favorite muffin makes a good breakfast treat for the kids.
6 tempered fried rice– a spicy, filling breakfast to be made with leftover rice and topped with a sunnyside up egg.
7.breakfast quesadillas– you can mix and match any of the ingredients mentioned here or have them all, these are so, so good.
8.Maalu paan– soft buns filled with a spicy Potato and tuna fish filling
and finally today’s Breakfast idea – chocolate-chocolate muffin.
We are ending another week of breakfast recipe ideas.
If you’ve been following this month’s Breakfast theme, you might have noticed the recipes I’ve chosen are a mix of sweet and savory with a bit of Sri Lankan breakfast thrown in.
I’m hoping I can strike a balance between the three options mentioned above so there’s something for everyone.
Now you have quite a few recipes to choose from, does that make morning meal planning slightly easy?
Utensils and appliances needed.
- Standard muffin tray.
- Muffin paper cups or silicone cups.
- a large bowl
- A medium-sized bowl.
Beginner’s tips on
making fudgy and
- Have all the ingredients to make the muffins.
- Before using the baking powder and baking soda check the expiry date.
- While combining ingredients, use lighter movements, by that I mean to avoid any vigorous movements but use mix only until combined.
- Here’s how you measure the flour for the chocolate muffins.
Using a regular spoon, add flour to the measuring cup and then with a knife level the flour so there is no excess flour in the measuring cup.
How to make the
best chocolate muffins.
- Here are a few things you need to keep in mind if you want your chocolate muffins to be fluffy and moist.
- Do not stir the batter but gently fold until combined.
- Do not bake the muffins for too long, although I’ve given the temperature and time to bake, the altitude and outside temperature will have an effect on the baking time and heat.
- You know how your oven operates so keep an eye on the muffins.
- you might need to take them out early or late by a few minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the muffin if it comes clean then the chocolate muffins are done.
More chocolate recipes!
Please make sure to read the recipe instructions carefully to avoid mistakes.
Ingredients mentioned below use standard measuring cups and spoons.
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/4 cup of Brown sugar
2/3 cups Cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of chocolate chips
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of Milk
2 teaspoon vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 176 C/350F and prepare the muffin tin tray with the paper cups in them.
Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
Add sugar and chocolate chips to the same bowl of flour and set aside.
On a different bowl whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, vinegar and vegetable oil.
Once this is done, add the wet ingredients to the dry.
Using a folding motion, stir in the ingredients just to combine, keep the mixing to a minimum for best results. leave it to rest for five minutes.
Once your five minutes are done, scoop 3 tablespoons of the batter into each cup and bake the muffins for 22-25 minutes.
Please don’t forget to rate the recipe on the recipe card so other readers find it helpful and show me your recipe by tagging me #islandsmile178 on Instagram. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a percentage from qualifying purchases
Made this recipe?
Please don’t forget to rate the recipe on the recipe card so other readers find it helpful and show me your recipe by tagging me #islandsmile178 on Instagram.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a percentage from qualifying purchases
All I ask is that you do not save it on any apps, recipe boxes or online groups which will affect me as a food blogger and the growth of this blog. I would appreciate if you only share the link rather than the full recipe.
All images and text on this website are protected by copyright.