This Air fryer eggplant recipe will help you make all of your favourite deep-fried eggplant dishes healthier.
You’ll be using less than a tablespoon of oil to make the air fryer eggplant fries that are crispy and full of flavour.
Now you can make all of your Sri Lankan eggplant/brinjal recipes without deep frying or compromising the taste.
Recipes you can use air fryer eggplant fries
Here are a few Sri Lankan recipes you can substitute air fryer eggplant fries with deep-fried ones.
You can also use them in various salads
Save the recipe to your favourite Pinterest board!
Tips to make crispy air fryer eggplant fries.
- Make sure to cut the eggplant fries to a uniform size.
- Pat dry the eggplant fries.
- To avoid discolouring, make sure to immediately coat them with salt and the spices mentioned in the recipes.
- Halfway through, add a little oil, and shake the basket before you continue to air fry the eggplant.
- Stick to the recommended time mentioned in this eggplant air fryer recipe.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer instead cover the bottom with the sliced eggplant fries with space for the dry air to flow.
Utensils and appliances needed
- Chopping board and knife.
- Air fryer.
- Here are some popular air fryer brands that are also best buys on Amazon.
- Large bowl
More air fryer recipes
How to make air fryer eggplant fries
The ingredients mentioned below use standard measuring cups and spoons.
Ingredients to make eggplant fries
250g eggplant fries(this could be about 5 medium-sized eggplant/brinjals)
Salt to season
1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of red chilli powder(add 1/2 a teaspoon more to spice it up
2 teaspoons of oil to be used as needed
Slice the head of the eggplant, cut them in half, and then slice the half into thick fries.
Place them in a bowl and immediately season with salt, followed by turmeric(1/2 tsp), and red chilli powder(1 tsp,, add 1/2 a teaspoon if you want them to be spicier.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil, and toss to combine all the ingredients with the eggplant/brinjal fries.
Preheat the air fryer to 160F for 5 minutes.
Place the seasoned eggplant fries on a single layer and avoid stacking them over each other.
Air fry for 10 minutes.
Remove and shake the air fryer basket to flip the eggplant fries, and brush with some oil.
And air fry for another 5 minutes.
Use as needed to make all of the Sri Lankan dishes mentioned above or in a salad.
JOIN ME ON ISLANDSMILE YOUTUBE CHANNEL
LOVE SEAFOOD? COME JOIN ME ON MY NEW SEAFOOD BLOG.
- Ingredients to make eggplant fries
- 250g eggplant fries(this could be about 5 medium-sized eggplant/brinjals)
- Salt to season
- 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder(add 1/2 a teaspoon more to spice it up
- 2 teaspoon of oil to be used as needed
- Slice the head of the eggplant, cut them in half, and then slice the half into thick fries.
- Place them in a bowl and immediately season with salt, followed by turmeric(1/2 tsp), and red chilli powder(1 tsp, add 1/2 a teaspoon if you want them to be spicier.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil, and toss to combine all the ingredients with the eggplant/brinjal fries.
- Preheat the air fryer to 160F for 5 minutes.
- Place the seasoned eggplant fries on a single layer and avoid stacking them over each other.
- Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Remove and shake the air fryer basket to flip the eggplant fries, and brush some oil.
- And air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Use as needed to make all of the Sri Lankan dishes mentioned above or in a salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bamboo Cutting Board Set with Juice Groove (3 Pieces) - Wood Cutting Boards for Kitchen, Wood Cutting Board Set, Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables
Power Air Fryer XL (5.3 QT Deluxe, Black)
Ninja AF101 Air Fryer, 4 Qt, Black/gray
Lotteli Kitchen Reusable Silicone Air Fryer Liners 3 Pack with Air Fryer Magnetic Cheat Sheet, Easy Clean Air Fryer Accessories, Non Stick, AirFryer Accessory Parchment Paper Replacement - 8.5" Square
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 367mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 10gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
Each recipe on this blog has been written with great care and love to the best of my ability with you in mind.
It’s free and on the blog, for you to try anytime.
All I ask is that you do not save it on any apps, recipe boxes, or online groups which will affect me as a food blogger and the growth of this blog
I would appreciate it if you only share the link rather than the full recipe.
All images and text on this website are protected by copyright.